WHAT DO WE OFFER
A professional and customizable internship experience in the hospitality and tourism field to meet your needs. Our internships start at just 4 weeks and go up to 1 year in length. You can start your internship at any time of year, so you pick the start date that works best for you.
All of our internships are with 4 and 5 star hotels, but if you’d like an internship in a boutique hotel we can also make that happen. Whether you want an internship working front desk, reception, food and beverage, kitchen or with room service, we have an internship waiting for you!
In every internship your hotel will provide you with:
- Meals during working hours
- Airport pickup (pickup only) upon arrival
- Transport to and from accommodation (if accommodation is outside hotel)
- Special accommodation/entertainment rates for family and friends at the hotel
All of our internships are paid. As an intern, you will receive a stipend throughout the duration of your internship to help supplement your living expenses. The stipend is usually around 9,000THB per month or ~$260 USD.
Participating in our professional internship program is a great opportunity for:
- Gaining practical skills in the hospitality industry
- Getting a head-start pursuing the career of your dreams
- Experiencing what it’s like to work in the industry before getting your first full time job
- Gaining international work experience from a top notch hotel/institution for your cv
- Expanding your international network and making valuable industry contacts
- Gaining an awesome reference from a renowned organization
- Learning about yourself through self discovery and independence
- Discovering the unique customs and culture of Thailand
- Having the experience of a lifetime
TYPICAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE
FOOD & BEVERAGE
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
What should my profile be?
Any Hospitality, Travel or Tourism graduates and undergraduates looking to build on their studies, internationalize their CV with overseas professional experience, gain knowledge while traveling to a foreign country or gain academic credit. An internship can appeal to anyone who is looking for personal and professional development whilst enjoying the uniqueness of Thailand.
- Ability to perform required tasks physically.
- Related study and / or practical experience in the field.
- Holder of the correct visa and adhere to relevant visa regulations with regards to work conditions.
- Abide by the Internships Thailand program terms and conditions.
- Adequate level of English. This equates to IELTS score of 5 or an ‘upper intermediate’ level of conversational English. Please note there is no formal requirement to pass the IELTS. This is merely an indication of required level.
What types of Internships are available?
- F&B Intern (Trainee and Management Trainee).
- Sales & Marketing Intern (Management Trainee).
- Front Office Intern (Management Trainee).
- Kitchen Intern (Trainee and Management Trainee).
- Marketing trainees (Tour and Travel operators).
- Guaranteed hospitality internship placement
- Cash compensation from 5,000 to 10,000 THB per month
- Standard shared housing inside/outside the hotel or cash allowance for housing on the top of your cash compensation
- Meals during working hours
- Visa assistance
- Airport Pick-up (arrival on Sunday to Thursday)
- Full support during the entire internship
- Assistance and communication with your university for internship accreditation
What’s not included:
- Daily living expenses.
- Airport drop-off
- Medical Checkups
- Others not specified.
How about the visa?
- Non-Immigrant Visa “ED” (Education)
REQUIREMENT: This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to study, attend seminar, training session, or internship in Thailand.
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Visa application form completely filled out
- Recent (4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
- Recommendation letter addressed to the Consulate
- Letter of acceptance from the concerned academic institute/organisation
- Academic record and the Student ID (if currently studying)
- For those wishing to attend seminar, or training session, or internship, a recommendation letter from the concerned organisation addressed to the Consulate is also required
- Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
VISA FEE: 70 USD
VALIDITY OF A VISA: The validity of a visa is 3 months.
PERIOD OF STAY: Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.
When should I apply?
- Deadline to apply: 4 months before your starting date
- Apply 4 to 12 months before your starting date
- Program start every Monday of the month
- Placement process takes around 2 to 3 months
- In some programs we can find internship within 4 weeks
- VISA process may take around 3 weeks to 2 months
*Tell in your interview if you need special support on your application date
What’s the total investment?
Enrollment Fee 350 USD: To be paid after having your interview and receiving the acceptance letter from Worldwide Internships that confirms your eligibility. Once paid, you’re officially enrolled into the program.
Program Fee: To be paid once you accept an internship offer.
- 700 USD for 6 months internship.
- 900 USD for 12 months internship.
*All fees are shown in USD.
How can I be in Thailand?
- The process is really easy and it is divided in 3 simple steps:
1 – BOOK YOUR INTERVIEW:
- Fill out the application form.
- Choose a time and date to have an interview with one of our internship agents
- The interview objective is to meet you, confirm your eligibility, explain in detail the program and for you to solve your doubts
- If you successfully complete it, you will receive your acceptance letter to enroll into the program.
2 – ENROLL:
- Submit the necessary documents requested during the interview
- Choose 3 positions you want apply for
- Pay the Enrollment Fee of 350 USD
3 – CHOOSE YOUR INTERNSHIP:
- Receive your welcome letter and start the placement process
- We will arrange interviews with potential hotels offering positions that match your profile
- Once a hotel accepts you, we you will receive a draft internship offer including the position, hotel, working hours and compensations included
- Accept your internship offer and pay the program fee
You are ready to start your visa process and prepare for a lifetime experience!